Pot Stickers are essentially fried Chinese dumplings- called Jiaozi. The name comes from the Chinese name “Guotie”, meaning literally, “pan stick”. They are typically fried in a pan and will stick slightly before being loosened via the steaming process. They consist of a meat or vegetable filling wrapped into a thinly rolled wrapper. We will use readily available Wonton Wrappers. This is one of my all-time favorite appetizers. Here’s how to make them.
- Ground Pork - 1/2 lb. (8 Oz)
- Green Onions - 3, Finely Chopped
- Red Bell Pepper - 2 Tablespoons , Finely Chopped
- Egg - 1, Beaten
- Soy Suace - 1 Teaspoon
- Worcestershire Sauce - 1 Tablespoon
- Brown Sugar - 1 Teaspoon
- Kosher Salt - 1 Teaspoon
- Fresh Ground Pepper - 1 Teaspoon
- Teriyaki Sauce - 1/4 Cup
- Honey - 1 Tablespoon
- Sriracha Chili Garlic Sauce - 1 Teaspoon
- Lemon Juice - 1 Teaspoon
- Wonton Wrappers
- Chicken Broth - 1/4 Cup
- Vegetable Oil
- Create the dipping sauce by combining all of the dipping sauce into a small bowl and mixing. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all the Pork Mix ingredients and mix together thoroughly.
- Place 1/2 Teaspoon of Pork Mix into the center of a Wonton Wrapper. With water, wet two sides of the wrapper. Fold the dry side over the mix and connect with the wet side- forming a triangle shape. Ensure that the seal is tight and that you push as much air out as possible. For presentation, form two pleats in the wrapper. Set aside on wax paper. Repeat this step for as many Pot Stickers as you desire.
- Heat a large sauce pan on medium heat for about 2-4 minutes. You want the pan really hot. Add a tiny amount of vegetable oil to the pan and spread it around using a silicon brush or something. Ensure that it is a very light and even coating.
- Add the Pot Stickers to the pan. Do not touch them for 2-3 minutes. The pan will likely begin to smoke and the pot stickers will stick to the pan- like they should.
- After 2-3 minutes, Pour 1/4 Cup of Chicken Broth into the pan and cover with a lid immediately. This will cause a large amount of steam. You are now steaming the pot stickers. Leave covered for another 2-3 minutes.
- After 2-3 minutes, remove the lid. You should see the stickers "shrink" and form a solid "grip" on the pork. Use a pair of tongs to gently remove them from the pan.
- Serve with the dipping sauce and enjoy!