The key to a great Fettuccine Alfredo is using fresh ingredients and seasoning your pasta correctly. This recipe will easily feed four people and costs less than $20 for the ingredients; it takes about 15 minutes to prep and 15 minutes to cook.
- 1lb Fettuccine Pasta
- 1 Cup Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 Cup Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Freshly Grated Romano Cheese
- 1 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- Garlic Salt
- Olive Oil
- Kosher Salt
- Fresh Ground Pepper
- Bring a large pot of heavily salted water to a rolling boil. Add the Fettuccine to the water with a generous amount of Olive Oil. This will keep the pasta from sticking together. Cook for about 10 minutes until al dente, stirring occasionally.
- Add a tablespoon of Olive Oil to a large pan and turn on low heat. Melt the Butter in the pan. Add the Heavy Whipping Cream, Parmesan Cheese and Romano Cheese; stir until melted together. Add a pinch of Garlic Salt, Kosher Salt and Fresh Ground Black Pepper. Continue to stir, and the Alfredo sauce will thicken.
- Drain the Pasta into a colander. Season the pasta with Kosher Salt and Fresh Ground Black Pepper. Add a generous splash of Olive Oil and mix — this will bring out the flavor of your pasta.
- Add Pasta to the pan of Alfredo sauce and mix well. Serve in pasta bowls with Fresh Grated Parmesan and garnish with fresh Mint.