Whether you call them haystacks, taco salads, or taco pies, nothing quite beats the flavor mixture of a good Frito Salad. This Frito Salad, a version of Taco Salad, is my go-to comfort meal. These dishes are, conceptually, like deconstructing a tostada. The ingredients are usually served individually and then assembled on the plate by the person who will be eating it. In this instance, we’re putting it all together in advance for a delicious combination.
Not only is it tasty, but very quick and easy to make. Made with simple ingredients, you can prepare this amazing meal in under an hour.
- 1lb Ground Beef
- 3/4 Cup Mexican Beer
- 1/4 Cup McCormick Premium Taco Seasoning Mix
- 4 Oz Fritos Brand Original Corn Chips
- 1 Diced Sweet Onion
- 1 Sliced Orange Bell Pepper
- 1 Diced Tomato
- 1 Head, Chopped Iceberg Lettuce
- 1 Cup Freshly Grated Monterrey Jack Cheese
- 1 Cup Freshly Grated Medium Cheddar Cheese
- Catalina Salad Dressing
- Olive Oil
- Prepare your vegetables.
- In a frying pan, place a teaspoon of olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the Diced Onion and cook until translucent. Add the ground beef and brown. Add Taco Seasoning and Beer. Simmer for about 4-6 minutes or until beer is reduced. Remove from heat.
- Mix the Cheese (reserving about 1/2 for serving), Corn Chips, Bell Peppers, Tomato, Lettuce and Beef mixture into a large mixing bowl. Add Catalina Dressing to taste and mix well. Serve immediately.