The key to a good pizza or pasta dish is the marinara sauce. Let’s make some quick and simple homemade marinara sauce with just a kick of spice. Let’s get started.
Homemade Marinara Sauce
- 1 Diced White Onion
- 2 Cloves Diced Garlic
- 1 28 Oz Can Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 60 Oz Can Tomato Paste
- 1/3 Cup Freshly Chopped Basil
- 1/2 Bottle (375ML) Red Wine (Pinot Noir)
- 10 Oz Parmesan Cheese
- Sriracha Sauce
- In a sauté pan on medium heat, add a tablespoon of Olive oil, the Diced Onion and Garlic. Stir until the onions are almost translucent.
- Add the Crushed Tomatoes and Tomato Paste. Mix thoroughly and allow to cook for about 3-4 minutes.
- Season with Salt and Pepper to taste then add the Fresh Chopped Basil and about 1/3 Cup of Red Wine. Stir in and allow the wine to reduce (about 5-6 minutes).
- Add a liberal amount of Sriracha and about 1 tablespoon of Oregano. Mix well and top off with a little olive oil for depth of flavor.
- After a few minutes, pour sauce into a bowl that contains Fresh Grated Parmesan. Give it a good stir to mix the cheese with the marinara sauce.
http://www.fridaynightcooking.com Copyright 2015-2017 Social Pants LLC. All rights reserved.