We all should know about Friday night fish since the tradition is common throughout most of the world. Before you break out that bag of frozen fish sticks or fillets, though, think about an easy-to-make dish with the most delicious freshwater seafood you can find: salmon. With this simple recipe, you can make your own crusted salmon that tastes just as delicious as if it was served at a fine seafood restaurant.
The key to this recipe, and what makes it truly unique, is that I coat the salmon fillets with mayonnaise before I coat them with the Parmesan and bread crumb mixture. This helps keep the crust from drying out and flaking off and adds a lot more flavor to the dish. Using mayonnaise, you get a creamy and tangy dish that is so easy to prepare you could even whip it up for a quick weeknight meal. Even though it’s so easy to make, it’s also fancy enough for entertaining.
The lemon juice goes perfectly with salmon, and the Sriracha sauce gives the fish a kick that you won’t find in many restaurants outside of New Orleans.
The next time you’re considering a Friday night fish fry, go the baked route instead and enjoy the fine dining of a delicious salmon recipe. You won’t regret it, and neither will any guests you invite over to enjoy a meal with you. So, let’s make some Parmesan Crusted Salmon.
- 1lb Fresh Salmon Fillet
- 1/2 Cup Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- 2-3 Tbsp Mayonnaise
- Olive Oil
- Mix the Cheese and Bread crumbs in a bowl. Place the salmon on a cutting board skin down. Liberally apply a coating of mayonnaise on top of the Salmon. Cover the Salmon with the Cheese/Crumb mixture using your hands. Coat well and push into the fish with your hands.
- Apply about two tablespoons of Olive Oil to a baking pan and brush out. Use a spatula to place the Salmon into the pan from the cutting board- being careful not to drop lots of excess cheese onto the pan. Remove any excess cheese that does fall off the fish from the pan as it will burn quickly.
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 20-30 minutes.