I love to make Chicken on Friday Night. There are so many variations and this, Slow Cooker Russian Chicken Recipe is one of my favorites. You can set this on low in the morning and by the time you get home, you have a “to die for” meal. And, Bacon!
- 6 chicken thighs
- 6 slices bacon
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 large white onion, roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon grated ginger root
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) bottle Creamy Russian Salad Dressing
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper. Cook chicken quickly, just enough to brown on both sides. Then, allow chicken to cool slightly.
- Load slow cooker with roughly chopped white onion.
- Wrap each thigh in a piece of bacon, and place in slow cooker.
- Add garlic, green onions and ginger over the chicken; top with Russian dressing.
- Cook on Low heat for 5 to 6 hours.